Interesting facts about nature
Although many of us don’t pay attention to the nature, it is very interesting, and there are many facts that you should know.
• Do you know that the oldest tree is 4789 years old? It is found in California and it is called "Methuselah."
• Baobab tree that grows in desserts can store up to 1000 liters of water in its reservoir.
• The world’s largest tree is a giant Sequoia. It is found in California and it is 84 meters high and has a diameter of 29 meters!
• The fastest growing tree is eucalyptus. Its leaves are the main food for Koalas. This tree can grow 10 meters in just one year.
• Every year, between 20 and 30 volcanoes erupt. Almost all of them are under the sea.
• The coldest sea is the White Sea in Russia, with -2°C. On the other side, the Persian Gulf Sea, can reach 35.6°C.
• Bosumtwi in Ghana is a lake formed in the hole made by a meteorite.
• Under the Nile River, there is an underground river that has a flow rate 6 times higher than the Nile.
• One species of fish that lives in water near the Antarctic, have a protein in their blood that acts like antifreeze. This prevents the fish from freezing.
• The oldest mountains in the world are 400 million years old. They can be found in the Highlands of Scotland.
• The Antarctic ice sheet covers 13 million square km and it is 3-4 kilometers thick. The temperature is -70°C.
• Do you know that humans are the only animal that sleeps on their back?
• Every time when you see the Moon, you see the same side.
• Dolphins have names for each other.